Citylight Key Features Include:
100% Web Based System
- Access from anywhere with username and password.
- Nothing to install on local machines.
- 100% web based access, with secure, easy to use interface.
- Generous "ease of use" features such as WYSIWYG Editor, Color Picker, and Date Picker.
- Automatically spreadsheet compatible reports and data dumps.
- Use "content tagging" to create custom groups of points, events, images, or contacts.
- Create your own custom tags.
- Supports nested tags, multiple tags, and cross-tags for both "categories" and "attributes"
- Tags may be hierarchical, with nested subtags that automatically generate "bread crumb" style navigation.
Mappable "Points" such as Merchant Listings
- Define businesses with custom attributes such as NAICS codes, subdistricts, or date opened.
- Automatic positioning using address geocoder. Fine positioning by drag and drop.
- Quickly and easily attach photos, a rich HTML description, and related events.
- Support for "featured listing" treatment of selected businesses, with URL click referral reporting.
- Searchable by keyword. Maintain "out of business" pages for legacy businesses by default.
Interactive "Flash" Maps
- Includes all standard map viewer functions: Zoom In, Zoom Out, Pan, Mouseover, and Zoom Layers.
- Rich Internet Application ("RIA") eliminates stress on web server while providing a highly usable interface.
- Concurrent support for both vector based (.SWF files) map illustrations and raster based (.JPG files) imagery.
- Provide external "Custom Map" linking tool with landing pages via URL encoded parameters.
- Automatically generate and support "Map This Address" inbound links.
- - "Find An Address" feature performs address cleaning, standardization, and "sounds like" matching.
- - Geocoder places points on the correct side of the street, appropriately inset from intersections.
Rich Events Calendar:
- Link events to geographic locations. Capture date and time, and direct to external URL's.
- Support for "featured events" treatment for special events and URL click referral reporting.
- Tag events with groups, categories, and attributes.
- Support for discrete (one day) events vs long (month, year) events.
- Suppert for event Series.
- Traditional HTML or Rich AJAX Calendar Interafaces.
Support Best Practices for Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Keyword friendly, human readable, URL writing.
- Use Sitemaps Protocal to automatically Feed Content locations and priorities to Google and Yahoo.
- Automatically generate search engine compatible content pages for all categories, points, and events.
- Automatically generate appropriate Title Bars and Meta Tags on a per page basis.
- Automatically generate well constructed XHTML/CSS for strong search engine readability.